A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

7.02.2007

First Shower Gifts

I got my carseat as my very first shower gift! Yay! That's the one I was the most concerned about! So I got it out of the box and "Aired" it out for a few days. Then I took the advice of my car seat safety instuctor and decided to practice using it.

Green Bear strapped in to Graco SafeSeat 1
I think I need a smaller baby

Well... He fits by weight, easily. But I think his head is already too high.

Closeup of the straps Tightness on Straps

It was good practice though. I had to change the harness to make it fit.

I also got this lovely blanket, homemade by one of my bible study friends:
Soft Noah's Ark Blanket

PS I hit back while making this post, and I am SO glad for autosave that I didn't lose my post!

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oh, that's great! And the blanket is adorable!! Very "boy" - just precious.
:-)

~Karen

1:21 AM  
Blogger Carmichael Family said...

How fun! I love baby showers!
The quilt is beautiful! That will definitely be something special to save for a long time to come.
Did things work out with the doctor's office? (from your previous post)
Blessings,
Catherine

9:08 AM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

..I didn't ask? I hate confronting people. Figured I'd ask while at my next appointment this Friday.

I got my Thank You Notes yesterday so I can start writing those on my day off now!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Baby showers are fun! It always makes it feel so much more real for me:) Pretty quilt, what else did you get?

11:51 AM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

Just the quilt, the car seat, and a Target gift card :)

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home