A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

4.23.2007

I guess this is pregnancy hormones?

For the most part, I do not seem to be suffering from the dreaded pregnancy hormones.

I still need to get a picture of me and my belly -- I was at a end of tax season party for my husband last night and even though I am 6 months along, people were saying that it was hard to tell I am pregnant. (I've "chunked up" and I can FEEL the hardness of my stomach. But evidently people around here don't reach out and touch your stomach and with the loose clothes I wear it just is not obvious that I am pregnant. And after all, I was fat before I got pregnant so even that is not a good clue! I think dear Boaz is somewhat disappointed. He's looking forward to seeing a baby belly!)

I'm mostly dealing with fears. The Pregnancy Week by Week book says if my baby was born now, it would have a chance of surviving... But it still isn't ideal, know? So last night, when we were coming back from said party, I had vivid "day" nightmares of the car crashing and going into labor, and my poor baby in NICU and struggling for life... As I looked around us, it seemed ALL the cars were swerving into our lane right in front of us, and we were taking all the curves wide and running over curbs and into sidewalls of tunels and... Well, I just had to grip the car side door hard and clamp my mouth shut to say nothing (or as little as possible) to my husband because I was pretty sure it was my imagination NOT his driving causing my terrors! So I guess maybe this is pregnancy hormones finally showing themselves?

4 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

I think what you're feeling is completely normal--expect the car terror to intensify when you have a tiny baby in the car seat, too!
The important thing is to give your fears to God and try to get rest and sleep when you can.

And don't worry about that baby belly--it WILL come! : )

11:40 AM  
Blogger Sprittibee said...

Don't worry, sweetie. You'll look back on this in ten years (like I am right now... ten YEARS away from that first one) and have a HARD time remembering what it was like to even BE pregnant. Just take a deep breath and tackle each moment as it comes. Remember that Jesus said each day has enough worry for itself. Don't be anxious. Get yourself a GOOD anisthesiologist (did I spell that right?) and make your list of what to take with you to the hospital (chapstick, baby book, camera, blanket, onsie outfit, pen, deck of cards, etc). Eat well, get lots of rest, drink lots of water. You're going to be OK. Your world is about to turn upside down (after the birth), but the actual birth part is just a few hours out of your life.

By the way, I DO remember not showing for a long time with my first baby. I was five months and still in tight jeans at my sonogram when I found out he was a boy! I can still remember those sweet cheeks on the screen... and he has almost lost the baby fat in his cheeks entirely now. He looked just like that little face for the longest time. She had to wake him up by pushing on my belly. "Wake up, baby!" she said as she jiggled him. He got mad and kicked afterwards. Little hot tempered boy! He had his hand in his mouth or by his mouth in the sonogram. I bet your sonogram these days will be much better than the one I had. Lucky you.

Hope that I have helped to remind you that you are in God's hands. He loves that little one more than you do. Be blessed!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Sprittibee said...

Baby bellies get bigger and come quicker each pregnancy. Also, the labor happens quicker each pregnancy - and usually it hurts worse each time. I know that was the case for me. I did have petocin drip the second time and was induced... so maybe that had something to do with it. I was in labor 26 hours the first time, 8 the second. 1st baby was 7.6 lbs and the second was 8.13 lbs. My cousin had all 9 and 10 pounders (4 of them). My step-mom-in-law has a brother who was born at 14 lbs!!!! AT HOME. NO DRUGS. Can you believe that?! I can't believe he was the first of 3! I would NEVER have gotten pregnant again if I had to deliver THAT ala' natural.

9:37 PM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

My mom was 11 pounds, also the first of three. and also born back in the days of you push the baby out or it ain't coming :) Oh and she is also the first of three :) Yes, I am somewhat surprised. all of my sister's babies have been over 9 pounds so that is just what I am expecting.

Right now I'm looking at baby books, trying to decide what I want.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home