A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

4.19.2007

Is this pregnancy real?

Okay i've had two ultrasounds and seen my baby moving on the screen (I need to get the second online. Got a better picture. Our baby has Great personality on screen!) I can feel kicks and movements inside (esp this weird occasional flutter that simultaneously hits my belly button and more nether regions.). EVERY time I go to the doctor I hear a heartbeat, a heartbeat quite distinct from my own, even. But I still have a persistent feelng now that any moment now I'm going to wake up and discover that postive pregnancy test I had back in November was a fake, just a figment of my imagination and everything since then has been some sort of psychosomatic illness on my part, my head creating the symptoms and making my body perform them or something.

I'm still fairly enjoying being pregnant. Though I'm starting to see where it might cause problems with sleeping -- I've got options available if lying down becomes too uncomfortable because my parents got us a nice glider for reclining in that I think I'll be able to sleep in. On May 15th we've got a car seat class and our pregnancy classes start at the end of next month, which I'm really looking forward to learning what to expect. I've got great expectations for these.

And! I just found out dear Boaz's parents are going to try to come down for the baby's birth (or shortly thereafter) and as much as the idea of them being there made me nervous earlier it is just really exciting now to think that they'll be here! Even my FIL!

3 Comments:

Blogger Carmichael Family said...

I remember being pregnant with my first, and once I got over the surprise of it all (we hadn't been purposefully trying to get pregnant), I kept thinking, Is this really real? We also had my husband's parents and sisters there for the delivery (although not all in the room for it), which to be honest did add to the stress a little, but I am SO GLAD they were there to witness the birth of their very first grandchild. Plus you will certainly appreciate the help afterwards.
I'm so glad your pregnancy is going so well. :) They didn't have carseat classes when my first was born 7 years ago, so be sure to pass on any good info from the class. Happy 25 weeks!

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing! My in-laws have never come for our children's births (or afterward). It would have made my husband so happy if they had.

I lost your site feed for a while. Glad to see that everything is going well for you and baby!

6:04 PM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

I don't even know what this site feed thing IS you talk about!

Yeah-- The main thing making me happy is how it will help my DH. He's pretty scared that he is not going to be up to supporting me in the hospital during the birth. And he is SO good at taking care of me, but he's not so good at blood and stuff... But if his parents are there he has someone to support HIM and someone there for me if he can't be there the whole time, etc.

Me? I'm hoping the classes will help! He does say that he's gradually adjusting to the idea of being there. He knows this is really important to me.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home