A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

4.23.2007

Talk about taking verses out of context

Revelation 7:3 Mary Engelbreit picture

I know that this is just Mary Engelbreit. And she is supposed to be all about pretty pictures, etc. But knowing the context of this particular verse just takes my breath away. After all, she's put it in the calendar as a "command" that seems to be directed toward all of humanity. But the phrase before it indicates that it is a command to those who -are- to hurt the earth and the sea and this is just a delaying phrase until the servants of God have been sealed. The whole point of the context is God's protection of his chosen people, not his concern for the soil and waters of the earth.

(Though in other places in the Bible He does make it clear that he expects us to care for everything he has put into our dominion, including the earth itself.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home