A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

4.06.2007

Sweet Spot of Pregnancy

I LOVE being pregnant. My body in so many ways seems to be working better pregnant than it ever did before. I worry some, sure (though I am trying not to) but the baby is moving, and THAT is exciting. And I am feeling well, and not gaining weight (though usually it seems I just have to look at food to gain!). and I'm not even showing much, though I've moved over to maternity clothes because my regular clothes are gradually not fitting quite right.

And yesterday/today the temperature turned NICE so walking outside is pleasant!

Part of me can hardly wait to see what this little boy is going to be about (although I am still frightened of the birth experience itself. That still seems a long way off and not something to be worried about yet and beside we are going through classes between now and then so we'll be old pros at it!) and the rest of me likes him just where he is now because I enjoy my job and my coworkers and him being born means I won't be going back to my job again, other than to show him off. (We are moving very shortly after he is born so it just does not fit into the plans at all.)

And I'm just really enjoying being pregnant. I need to get new pictures for this stage.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carmichael Family said...

Isn't the miracle of pregnancy wonderful? I too just LOVE the middle stage of pregnancy, when morning sickness is over, but you're not big enough to feel uncomfortable yet!
All the wonders of pregnancy, however, will be far surpassed on delivery day when you hold your precious new baby in your arms and wonder how you could possibly love someone so much!
Blessings on your pregnancy!
Catherine

7:33 AM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

*wry* I've never have significant morning sickness for that I am very thankful as I can't afford to take the time off of work -- but I've persistent morning nausea that sometimes turns into throwing up (usually nothing since I rarely will risk putting ANYTHING on my stomach in the morning) By persistent I mean it has persisted all the way through to this morning.

Giving birth -- is a bit scary still.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Carmichael Family said...

Wow, never really had morning sickness? I am so jealous! I can't say that for any of my pregnancies!!! But I'm not working, so I'm really glad things have been going well for you. :)
I fixed this post to include your expected sweetness, by the way. :)
Blessings,
Catherine

7:49 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

So glad you are enjoying the pregnancy! I love that second/first part of third stage of pregnancy. It's good to feel the baby move, feel more pregnant and yet not too uncomfortable. But just having delivered I can say that I'm really glad to not be pregnant anymore! :) I'm sure you'll get to that point too, but enjoy this stage. There are so many mysteries to pregnancy and becoming a mommy for the first time, we're so happy for you guys! Blessing, and we'll see you tomorrow!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home