A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

8.01.2005

Sewing and Movies

Thursday night, after work, I went to a sewing day with the ladies at church. We learned how to make these cool pillow wreaths (except it appears our "recipe" was off a bit.) I'm sure I would have gotten further along if I had started more promptly after I got there. But first, I had to destress and eat and talk... so I didn't REALLY get started until 8pm. At that, I had the pieces all cut out and the first seam all done by 9pm! So I felt very accomplished. Of course, have I done anything on it since then? Nope.

I'm kinda thinking of going to the craft store, seeing if I can get purple and brown cloth that goes together, and making one to take to grandma when we go in August. It is going together fast enough I think I can get it done... if I stop being lazy.

Then on Saturday night, we went out to eat with my Boaz's parents -- it's their last weekend in town before they move to Arizona. (They are traveling starting today. Your prayers for safe journeys this week would be appreciated!) We had a really good evening and I feel better about them leaving. (Later last night, I wondered if the problem I've been so stressed out about is the last time someone left town that I really cared about, the wife and mother died before I could see them again. Unexpectedly. Which -- more next post.) Anyways, with my in-laws we went to see a movie called "Sky High" and it was REALLY good.

It doesn't have as many quotable quotes as "The Incredibles" -- but it was definitely inspired by that movie, and done very well to boot. Yes, in some ways it was predictable. But it had one twist I didn't expect. and several interesting ideas. and if it HADN'T been predictable in the way I expected, I'd have been disappointed. So if you're interested in going to see a movie check out "Sky High" -- I had never even heard of it before mom suggested it as a place for us to go.

Oh and it had wonderful previews! I am used to going to movies and finding previews for movies I wouldn't at ALL be interested in going to see. This time, there were three interesting ones! Harry Potter, Oliver Twist and the Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe!!! -- It looks like they are doing the Lord of the Rings treatment to the Chronicles of Narnia books. There as also a chicken Little trailer (based on the book/rhyme I guess) that looked interesting, though more of a "I'll catch it on video" thing. AND on the way out of the theater I saw they were redoing "Yours, Mine, and Ours"! So this bodes well to be a good movie season. (OTOH, it's much CHEAPER when there is nothing to see on the big screen... We'll see how the budget goes.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home