A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

7.23.2005

What I did today

(I should find a better title. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'll use this one too much)

I decided it was about time I found things to get rid of around here.

So, I cleared out a bunch of VHS tapes (including every single Little House tape we had. Since I now have two years on DVD -- I can get my Little House fix elsewise) And tapes that we had duplicated on DVD. And tapes that I didn't think I'd ever watch again.

Then I went through my shelves of knickknacks -- and basically decided to get rid of almost all of my "old" ones -- ones I've had for any lengths of time. just perusing the shelves it seems everything I kept was newer... I'm not sure what that means. Maybe I'll take pictures later. Things aren't really "clean" looking yet. I've got piles all over the place of things that need to be filed -- but I did the best I could to throw things out, recycle them, send them to Goodwill,etc...

Though I'm sure at that I've kept things that will later end up going out.

I cleaned out my junk drawer, moving some of the stuff to another drawer NOT in the kitchen. Now I have to decide how best to take advantage of the new space I've got...

ETA: I made space to display the GORGEOUS cake stand I got for my wedding -- then realized I'm not sure how this is done. Are there official means of doing it? I mean, it has to be on its side so you can see the prettiness on the plate... And then what does one do with the matching cake knife (Is this really meant to be used? I'm afraid using it would scratch it all up!)

Oh! I just found it online: India Garden pattern -- maybe I won't be quite so paranoid about displaying it perfectly

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

That's a beautiful cake platter! You should definitely display it. Gorgeous.

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home