A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

7.21.2005

Unwanted answers to prayer

Okay, I can't say this is the first time I've had this happen. (Asking God for something and wanting a yes and getting a definite answer -- but it turns out to be other than what I wanted.) OTOH, getting a definite answer from God and -knowing- that it is from him is exciting anyway. Knowing he cares enough to answer, and to make sure you know his answer...

Anyway, at our IMPACT group on Sunday, we asked for prayer for our grandma Ruth, who is very old (over 90) and has had several health problems in the last couple of years. And specifically, we asked for prayer for wisdom as to when to best plan to go see her -- sooner, later, etc.

And on Monday, we found out she had had another episode and was just coming out of the hospital. And this time she is refusing rehab. And, well, the answer was really clear -- don't wait for October. Sooner is better than later. So now we are making hurried plans for going up mid-August. (And my new company is being VERY good about things, letting me go and all.)

If you think about it, I also want to ask my readers (all two of you) to pray for her as well. And pray for her salvation, or for our assurance of her salvation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Praying for the Lord to draw and redeem her, and to assure you of His amazing love.

Bless you as you go to see Grandma Ruth.

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home