A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

8.04.2007

Various thoughts and musings

As Desi Arnaz sang in his role as Ricky Ricardo: "There's a brand new baby at our house."

Here are various things I noted at the hospital. They're primarily tech-related, but neat.

First, the sink. Has anyone wondered how establishments keep the faucets of the sink clean when people keep putting their dirty hands on them? Here, there was a wonderful solution: faucets are pedal-operated instead of hand-operated.

Printout of the fetal heartbeat and placental tightness was interesting, because it gave me a glimpse into what was happening, and some indication of when I needed to comfort My Ruth (before she showed any discomfort).

Instead of transitioning from Labor & Delivery to Mother-Baby (adjacent to each other), we went to the former site of the childbirth center which is now an oncology ward. We actually ended up liking this because there was a second patient bed, so I got some good sleep after all.

Pleasant and professional staff. Would definitely recommend Overlake to anyone in the Seattle or Bellevue area for childbirth. Good experience all around. The midwife practitioners were overjoyed to have their prediction of a c-section proved wrong.

So now we're at home, and transitioning to domestic life with a child.

7 Comments:

Blogger Carmichael Family said...

How are y'all doing? Adjusting to life with little "Obed"? I hope everything is going well!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Pictures! Do we get pictures?!

~Karen

11:47 AM  
Blogger Carmichael Family said...

3 weeks old already! I hope you all are doing well!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Sprittibee said...

Enjoy those sweet first few months. They are such a silent blessing to share together. (Now you would think that they aren't so silent if you have a crying baby... but just wait - once they start talking, they don't stop! :) LOL)

Congrats! Sorry it is so late. We're just coming out of our whirlwind in Texas and I have run out of excuses.

Love,
Sprittibee

2:18 PM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

Tis okay. I still have to get pictures up!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Carmichael Family said...

Happy one month birthday, little Obed! Can't wait to see the pictures!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hope you're doing well.

Blessings,
Karen

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home