A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

8.03.2007

Introducing Obed!!

At 8:12am PDT, Friday, August 3, 2007, we welcomed little Obed into the world.

Given that this was in the Seattle area, there was rain.

Given that we were inside the Hospital, we didn't notice until I looked out a window.

All went well for My Ruth. We checked in to the hospital at 2pm, started the induction at 4pm, water broke at 8pm, painkillers started at midnight, epidural in at 1:30am [allowing all and sundry to get some sleep], pushing started at 6:30am, and then at 8:12.....

Various vital stats and notes
Nom de blog: Obed
Mass: 4043 grams
Weight: 8lb 15oz
Hair: Blond (for now)
Eyes: Sapphire (for now)

We're all in the hospital through at least tomorrow and possibly Sunday.

The first stage is done, and now....we're in for the ride of our lives....and his.

9 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Welcome, Little Guy...we're so glad you're here!

(And my dh was born at Overlake...so I KNOW it's a fine place to be born!)

12:28 AM  
Blogger Charity Grace said...

Congratulations!!!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Oh, I'm so happy that everything went well!

Welcome to the world, Obed.
Hope your mama and papa are getting some sleep.

10:07 PM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

Not so much :( He's fairly jaundiced (Still looks fairly yellow though at the doctor today did the blood test again and say he's in "normal" range now) But it is another issue making nursing difficult (waking him up to be interested enough to nurse)

I'm trying to get an appointment with a lactation consultant.Dunno if it will help or not. Right now, (on the advice of the post-partum followup consultant and now our doctor) we are doing a supplement with formula/breastmilk that has been pumped type of situation. He was so far down on weight on Tuesday that we had to start supplementing. He was literally starving with what we were doing before :(

10:13 PM  
Blogger Carmichael Family said...

Congratulations!!! I was so glad to read that the birth went well and you didn't have to go with a c-section. I'll be praying about little "Obed's" jaundice and nursing situation, we had some of the same problems with Kaden when he was first born, hopefully your little guy will be a pro at nursing soon! I've heard that lactation consultants are extremely helpful, so I think that will help lots!
Love and prayers,
Catherine

2:34 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Big congratulations from the Burns family!!! If I didn't have four little kids and a busy busy schedule I would be right down there to greet him and bring you dinner! Blessings, and sorry to hear about your complications but glad to hear everyone is fine and the birth went well. Bless you as you recover and get used to life in the fast lane! :)

3:31 PM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

I quite understand. I am not sure I'd make the trip with my one little one at the age he is right now. :)

Giving birth was a thrill. Right now I'm trying to figure out breastfeeding! *wry*

4:46 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

You'll get it, it always takes me a few weeks to get the hang of it but please email me if you have any specific questions. Sometimes just another perspective can help. Bless you!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Roberta said...

Congratulations to you on the birth of baby Obed!
He is one month already...I pray you are all transitioning nicely and getting a bit of rest while treasuring this little blessing.

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home