A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

5.06.2006

My First Hosted Dinner

Next Sunday (Mother's Day) I will have lived in my current state for 12 years.

To celebrate, on Saturday, I have invited over the friends I met the next day, who took me to church bfore I had a car and who have been friend ever since.

Our dinner? (at least as I have it planned. i've never done this before)

Roasted Beef with Carmelized Shallots
Fried Zucchini
Three Bean Salad

--I figure it's too hot for a soup. Is that enough food for 6 people or do I need something else with it?

And I've yet to figure out for sure a dessert (Sugar Cookies? Brownies? Ice Cream?)
Any suggestions?

5 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

I'd probably go with something light and lemony--like a scoop of sherbet with a thin sugar cookie on top, or something with seasonal fresh fruit, like strawberries and canteloupe.

Good luck! I'm sure your friends will enjoy remembering this anniversary with you.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Ziz said...

Good luck!! I hope it turns out fabulous. :o)

PS -- I've been noticing your Proverbs 31 quotation every time I visit your page. My sister is actually starting up a clothing/accessories line based on Proverbs 31. If you are ever interested, I can point you the way to check her stuff out. :D

7:35 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Alicat ~ I'm interested in your sister's clothing line. Could you possibly leave a link in the comments either here or at my blog?

Ruth ~ (Is that what we are supposed to call you?) I LOVE your blog, just found it.

A couple of things: that sounds like a wonderful dinner and I think it's fine to serve something simple for dessert, when you've obviously done alot to prepare the other dishes (ice cream would be fine).

About Proverbs 31 vs Titus 2 focus: I hear alot of complaining about the lack of Titus 2 women and I wonder if it's because we all think we must achieve Proverbs 31 status first. Who can really do that?

And ... there is no s after AWANA. Sorry, but I'm ministry team. (Our missionary has actually joked about charging us for making that mistake.)

Nice to "meet" you. Keep up the great work! :)

10:08 AM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

Thanks. I fixed it to "AWANA"

Ruth works. Or MBR :) I answer to many things here.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Ziz said...

I sure will once she has a site made up for it! :)

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home