A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

4.21.2006

A Worldview Conference Speaker

I've got yet another speaker that I REALLY REALLY like. Greg Koukl of Stand to Reason spoke at the conference tonight on the "intolerance of Tolerance" and I really liked what he had to say. Two things that stood out: Classical tolerance said we were to treat people all the same, and be elitist about ideas. Tolerance today has been twisted (it occurs to me to be similar to the way Satan likes to twist everything of God's) to say that all ideas should be treated equally, and the people insulted if they don't agree to this. (except, of course, as he pointed out, that this means that all ideas are not actually treated equally!)

The other thing is the comment he made at the end, that Stand to Reason believes sharing our faith should be more about being a diplomat than going to war -- I'm not good at going to war. But I do know I have a peacemaker's manner (except, of course, when I don't) But if I could mold that to Not compromise... that would be great! So I'll be looking into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home