A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

1.31.2006

Tomatoes!

Okay, actually green shoots,

But the tomatoes I JUSt planted -- couldn't even be 2 weeks ago -- are now starting to show green above the soil. Maybe I planted them too early? I didn't expect them to grow this fast!

My sister says tomatoes get as big as hibiscus plants so when they get to 5-6-" I'll have to put them into HUGE pots and then there is no more room inside -- out to the porch they will have to go And it isn't past freezing here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

I absolutely love homegrown tomatoes! Yum. Hope yours make it.

(If they were here they could probably grow nicely all through this past winter. I think we have had frost maybe twice this year....)

7:02 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

Tomato plants do grow very tall. Once they get tall you need to tie them to something to keep them standing or they will droop. My grandparents grow tomatoes every year and they taste wonderful.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home