A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

1.23.2006

If I comment on your blog

I plead for grace as you read my comments. I'm really not the terrible person my comments make me out to be.

Over a print surface, somehow, I come as much more harsh than I intend.

I had a friend once tell me I am argumentative -- taking the opposite position for the case of taking it. On the one hand, I disagree. I don't LIKE conflict at all... OTOH, I see myself doing it way too often. Harshly disagreeing, feeling it VERY important to tell the other side, even coming out as if it means I'll stiff people on tips, use those (don't use the S- word!) credit cards with rewards, and go to see certain movies with sinful actors -- and ergh. I'm not sure even this is coming out correctly. But basically, I need to learn to come across not as harsh, even when discussing confrontational things. But moderate my tone as I can -- oh, and not fighting battles that aren't worth wounds!

Sigh. It's almost like I get all angry-sounding at the little things, and then miss out entirely on the really important stuff.

3 Comments:

Blogger Headmistress, zookeeper said...

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}
I love it when you comment, even when I disagree. And fwiw, I didn't disagree with what you said on my blog about tipping- if it's my blog post on waitresses that you're talking about.

Hmmm. I thought I'd said something in the comments about stiffing the waitress, and I meant it as a response to Tim, not you. But I can't find it there now. Do your comments ever just disappear like that? Or am I imagining it?

2:22 PM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

I saw the comment about stiffing the waitress and figured you thought I meant that we would... then I went back and read what I said and realized it did sound pretty harsh...

and a lot of what I have written has been harsh lately.

So I wrote a big apology to various folk here. I come across as much harsher than I mean to be in blog-dom. One of the reasons I quit my first blog.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Pauli said...

I like harsh people! Well, harshness should have limits, I suppose, but a lot of people nowadays are too sensitive. Anyway the comments you leave on our site are fine - I especially appreciated the constructive criticism of our background graphic.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home