A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

1.30.2006

The gospel presentation in 30 words

I always come back from my Theology class with questions and thoughts

This is a good thing right?

Today, in class, our teacher gave us an interesting exercise -- I wish it had been homework so I could have had more time to think about it (And I wouldn't feel like I was hijacking the group.)

He showed us the pictures of two people. One was a 30-something woman dying of AIDS. The other was a kid who knew he was dying, but was determined not to die on his 6th birthday because that would make his mother sad. (He died two days later)

We were to choose one of these people and we would have two minutes with them. In class, in small groups, in 15 minutes, we were to come up with the way we would present the gospel to them in 30 words or less.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try using John 3:16, New International Version. If your translation of preference is the King James Version, you can use that one, of course. I've included both for your convenience.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (NIV)

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (KJV)

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home