A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

1.18.2006

65% to the classroom?

In Washington there is a new initiative that is going to legislate that 65% of the money going to schools must go to the classroom (Teacher salary, books, education assist, etc. I wonder if rent/construction costs go into this? Utility bills?)

In any case, I know government shouldn't be telling private companies how much percent they need to spend on insurance, stock, etc.

So under the same principal, I'm wondering if this is similarly micromanaging the classroom. The state already does quite a bit of that I don't want to add to it. (And as long as we have public schools, we've got to be concerned about the money going toward it.) It's a while before I have to worry about it. But it is something to consider.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home