A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

12.12.2005

Two new salads

I made two wonderful new salads this weekend!

Bratwurst Pasta salad from Better Homes & Garden
(I made it as a pasta salad, but it could also be used as a main dish salad simply by serving it over greens) -- bratwurst, pasta, broccoli, tomato, green onions, creamy italian dressing

Broccoli Poppyseed salad (Another Susan-special from a friend of mine)-- broccoli (or broccoli and cauliflower, I understand), sunflower seeds, Craisins (or raisins), bacon, and poppy seed dressing (marie Callendar's) -- (This would be faster, and I think I'd make it more, if I used bacon bits instead.)

Both need to be refrigerated for a bit before eating.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Yum! Those both sound just delicious!

Thanks!

6:49 PM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

One thing I DID find -- one has to use the cooked meat for the Bratwurst salad...

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home