A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

11.22.2005

In the spirit of Thanksgiving

From Mental Multi-vitamin, a quote that particularly struck me as true in my own marriage:
"Thank you for an enduring marriage. They say it’s part luck, part work. Thank you for my good luck and his hard work."

Which led to more thoughts of my own:
Thank you for my wonderful, surprise, 30th-birthday-present husband.

Thank you for a husband who gives me way too much credit than I deserve, and is determined to see things in the best light possible.

Thank you for letting us be DONE and OUT of our house, and let's not think about the next move.

Thank you for a job where I am appreciated and needed.

Thank you for profit on the house that enabled us to get out of debt.

Thank you for a husband that doesn't overspend.

Thank you for loving parents that cared where I was growing up.

Thank you for good friends that acted as parents in locus -- plus friends, when I moved so far away from home. And that will take us in at Thanksgiving when we have nowhere else to go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sprittibee said...

Mee Too. :) Wish we could take you guys in for Thanksgiving! It's our first year to cook the whole and be on our own. I say Amen to all your Thank You's and adopt them as my own. God is good.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home