A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

11.08.2005

For the girls of Common Room

For the Common Room girls who think Galadriel's dress would make a good wedding dress

My Lord of The Rings wedding Dress (I am not a real big LoTR fan -- Read the books three times through and still like The Hobbit better. But my husband is. And I had just spent Christmas 2002 looking at wedding dresses with my sister and mother, finding NOTHING I liked in the store. Then, after Christmas, my Boaz and I went to see the second Lord of The Rings film. And Eowyn came out onto the the overlook in my wedding dress! It was love at first sight. I have NO idea what happened in the rest of the movie because I was trying to decide how to make that dress.

Then I came home and talked to a friend. And she offered her mother as a seamstress and designer. (we modified an existing pattern to get there) (Said mom who ended up making the wedding dress plus all the bridesmaid dresses is the one on the floor in the Wedding party picture. Her daughter died unexpectedly a few months before my wedding. And I asked her to stand in her daughter's place, and she accepted.)



Wedding party:

3 Comments:

Blogger Headmistress, zookeeper said...

We have all looked and oooohed, and ahhhed, and admired. What a lovely, lovely wedding party! We love your dress, we love your bridesmaid dresses, we love your flower girl dresses, and we love your story of not being able to watch the rest of the movie because you were thinking about how to make the dress.

Thanks so much for sharing this!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Donna Boucher said...

How extremely special!!!
I can't wait to show my daughter!

Lovely pictures!
Lovely story!

Donna

11:07 AM  
Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Hi again

Here is a link that might help you find a knitting class.

http://www.woolworks.org/guilds/wa.html

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home