A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

12.02.2005

Liquid Diet?

Anyone else had to deal with liquid diets?

My parents are coming up for Christmas and I just found out that my dad, who just got new implants for his dentures, probably won't be eating real food yet. He can have mashed potatoes. And Jello. I have great hopes for rice casserole (maybe) But any other ideas from my almost non-existent audience here? I'd like to have things at the Christmas dinner he can eat without grinding it all up, even if he can't eat everything.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Wow, that is a tough one but I'll give it some thought...I'll let you know if I come up with anything brilliant. (One thing that jumps into my mind is cheesecake for dessert?)

And very sweet of you to do all you can to accomodate him.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Headmistress, zookeeper said...

My husband had his wisdom teeth pulled for Christmas our second Christmas together. As I recall we did soup- clam chowder, cheese soup, or ravioli soup can be very festive.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Sprittibee said...

:) I love tomato soup. I have a recipe for Cauliflower Soup on my food blog that is supposedly "THE BOMB" according to my friend Ammie's kids. Let me know what you make! I love recipes... email me with them any time.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home