A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

11.03.2005

Talking about Pantries

The Headmistress over at The Common Room thinks she is the only one thinking about pantries right now.

Well, last night my husband and I went over and signed the lease on the apartment we will be living in for at least the next 6 months.

Which means I have to figure out what I'm going to do for a pantry. This place definitely has more cabinet space than our condo... But we'll see if it's enough. (And apparently no more counter space -- and without the bar that I could use to put things up on in the condo. I'm a bit concerned that the lack of pass-through is going to make it difficult to be part of things when I'm cooking -- which is not going to help me want to cook.)

Ideas for pantry space:
Sauder Storage Cabinet -- two-door cabinet like what we had in the trailer growing up. Can be used later for other purposes. (My dad still has that one in their house in South Carolina. It has computer stuff in it now.)

This 2-bin one would be cool for potatoes and apples -- but would it hold enough stuff? It might be more useful on wheels...

OTOH,
An O'Sullivan microwave cart could get the microwave and some staples like flour and sugar off the counters, making more room for making stuff. AND we could put our good silverware in the drawer to use in the dining room... Perhaps


And of course, there is always open shelves (though I'm not overly fond of the idea. I don't like the look of messes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home