A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

3.12.2007

Should I have gone to the doctor?

I've had a very easy pregnancy so far. Haven't gained ANY weight (though I started out overweight, I have not been doing anything special to not gain) So I hate to complain, but this last weekend things have gotten difficult. Starting Friday night I started feeling "too full" -- in fact, at first I thought it was just that I'd eaten too much and my body was complaining at me. But I was sore much of the night and although I woke up okay Saturday, it went downhill fast. Sometimes standing up feels okay. Otherwise it is still sore, etc. Back and forth like. All day Sunday it was basically the same -- basically, I was only comfortable when in the movie theater, with my legs stretched out in front. Something about that position was good.

I have been having to go to the restroom a lot, then sitting and not much of anything comes out. and last night was uncomfortable again. I almost called the doctor today. Then figured this was bloating and gas. Or maybe that round ligament pain thing people talk about. It's my baby growing and the muscles doing things they are not used to because this is my 1st. So I decided not to but at the end of the day I went and looked up bloating, etc on the web and none of the descriptions read like what I have. So I no longer know again. But we've got our big ultrasound next Monday March 19 so I figure if anything is wrong they will find it then, right?

We are really eager to find out boy or girl and to announce our chosen name, etc and I'm starting to worry what happens if we lose the baby now. it's unusual at 19 weeks, but it isn't unknown. And well, I guess I just want prayers. That my baby won't suffer because I didn't go to the doctor when I should have. Or something.

And I'm taking Tylenol tonight. Because I fear that lack of sleep (I could not find a spot lying down last night that let me get more than a couple of hours sleep at a time. On my right hand side, my side hurt where it has been sore all along. On my left side, the skin was stretched so that it hurt. The best was on the back, with my right side elevated on a down pillow. But even that didn't work for more than about an hour at a time...) is also making things feel much worse than they are. I keep wondering how I'm going to get through the next half of this pregnancy if I alreay am taking Tylenol for the pain.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Hm. Not a lot of medical background here, but I'd say that you should consider that you might have a kidney or bladder infection. It's so easily curable, I'd hate to see you continue in pain if it could be easily remedied!
:-(
Just a thought.

I will pray for you...for the health of your baby and for relief!

Blessings,
Karen

11:02 PM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

That is sorta what I am worried about too, after looking up symptoms online and such. What is more, bladder infections can lead to preterm labor if not treat -- I am calling a doctor today because I'm still sore (though taking Tylenol last night did help me get more sleep)

Thanks for the prayers.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm praying for you! And my advice is, if you're worried, call your doctor. It may be nothing - or it may be something, but nothing anyone can do about it - still it's better not be worrying and fretting.

And since you're supposed to go on the 19th anyway, your doctor may say, "Well, come on in now and let's take a look at you."

5:52 PM  
Blogger Carmichael Family said...

Dear Ruth,
Hello, I don't comment much, but do read your blog often (I found it through Chris and Jenni's)...I was just wondering how you are, and wanted to let you know I am praying for you! I am 10 weeks pregnant, and just got out of the hospital last week from a serious kidney infection! I hope all is well with you and your little one.
God bless,
Catherine

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home