A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

3.16.2007

Tuesday I went to the doctor

Thank you SO much for the prayers, Tuesday I went to the doctor and after feeling and seeing my winces she decided I should not be feeling that much pain. So she sent me for an ultrasound.

They went ahead and did all the systems check on my baby! So I pretty much do not need to go back on Monday (Though evidently they could not find a few things so want me to go back in 4-5 weeks to see the rest) My baby is FINE. The only thing they found wrong with me is gallstones (I've had gallbladder attacks before. This did not FEEL like that... but the baby may be affecting that or maybe it just was not as bad? And it is true that it started shortly after I had eaten a lot of high-fat appetizers in a celebration...) Anyway, the pain went away mostly Wednesday morning and entirely by Thursday. The doctor wants me to let her know if the pain comes back so that she can have a surgeon monitor the situation.

The coolest thing though, is our baby now has a gender and a name!
Meet little Obed:

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Praise God! And I'll continue to pray for you and the little man - and that you can manage the gall bladder discomfort throughout your pregnancy. God is GOOD!

9:05 PM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

thank you. I very much appreciate the prayers and thank God for those willing to pray at a cry from a small fry like me.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm glad that you were able to make it in to the dr. I think that sometimes it helps just to be seen.

And a BOY! Congratulations. What a great name!
;-D

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well congratulations, Ruth, on your son! I hope your gall bladder doesn't trouble you any more - my wife had a lot of the same trouble, and ended up having it removed 3 months after baby Ramona was born.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home