A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

2.27.2007

Another thought on Capital Punishment

I was reading from my _Christian Ethics_ by Norman Geisler book (The book I am reading for my remaining college class -- I ended up dropping one due to inability to keep up with homework) and I came across some interesting quotes by C.S. Lewis. They really give you another look at the some of the arguments used by those who want to rehabilitate criminals.

"To be punished, however severely, because we deserved it, because we 'ought to have known better,' is to be treated as a human person made in God's image"

and

"To be 'cured' against one's will... is to be put on a level with those who have not yet reaced the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home