A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

12.13.2006

Response to Like merchant Ships

For some reason, Blogger will let me log in to my own blog, but not to put comments on Like Merchant ships, so I am answering this post here:
One of my fondest Christmas memories, growing up, is that we would take our toys out to the front every year on Christmas eve. we'd assign parts to specific dolls, etc. and my dad would read the Christmas story (the ENTIRE Christmas story. Starting with elizabeth and all the way through the old man who said he could die now he'd seen his Savior and the old widow who'd lived with a husband seven years since her virginity. Or something like that. Then the wise men coming to see the young CHILD and the fleeing into egypt.)

and the fact that every year the story acting out was a bit different depending on what toys we were playing with that year.

I'd like to do Jesse Tree with my kids. But somehow, get that same idea into it. Instead of having a set group of items for it, have the children participate in finding the right "thing" each day for that day's subject.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!
Sorry about the log in issue; I've been hearing other people are having trouble with Beta blog commenting today, not just mine.

10:03 AM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

It is quite frustrating! :) And the most frustrating this is that it is not consistent. It works perfectly fine at one point, then not at all later.

It also keeps trying to log me in as my gmail login, NOT my blogger one (probably when I've logged in to gmail in that session so it has it "saved" but I still DON'T want that name used. Sigh)

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home