A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

12.05.2006

Learning to be thankful

One problem with discovering your pregnant so early, is that you then wonder if you've lost it every day that you don't have any symptoms.

I mean, I know if I was miserable I'd be wanting them to go away. But since I have none, now I want them! that's crazy. Maybe my pregnancy hormone problems are going to involve worrying that I've lost the baby. But that's bad enough. I keep trying to work on the worry problem. I don't need another reason to worry!

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I know how you feel! My pregnancy symptoms usually kicked in around week 6 and ended around week 18 or so - just about the time I felt the baby's fluttering movements. I'll pray that you can rest in God's perfect peace each day. As a mother who has had many live births, and lost many more babies to miscarriage or stillbirth, I can attest to God's faithfulness and goodness no matter the circumstances!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Congratulations!! And don't worry about the symptoms at this point - you're right - it is hard that you found out so early on (I've done that several times), but the symptoms will arrive before you know it!
;-)

~Karen

8:15 PM  
Blogger Sprittibee said...

No worries, be happy. I had a pregnancy scare last month, too. With my first child, I had hardly any symptoms at all... and all I wanted to eat was cream and chocolate (gained 65 lbs.) - boy. With my second, I was sick a bit at first and craved cheese and tomatoes (gained only 30 lbs.) - girl. Funny thing is, with my son, I kept 15 lbs. of weight afterwards and he was the smaller baby (7.5 lbs). My daughter was 8 lbs and 13 oz. and when I went home from the hospital, I only had 3 lbs. of water retention left. Today they are night and day. He eats UNHEALTHY if I let him... she eats all kinds of fruits and veggies. Isn't it strange that when I was pregnant with them, that is what I craved? The very thing that they now like to eat!? God is amazing. Are you redesigning your blog? :)

12:50 PM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

No. Not redesigning my blog. The previous template stopped working for me so I had to go to something else. Haven't sat down to decide if I want to stay here or go to something else.

i'm afraid of trying to design one from scratch. I know HTML... But... I don't know the blogger system etc.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home