A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

12.03.2006

God's Timing

So... three weeks ago I was here complaining about how much I was going to miss where we are when we move. Finding a new church, having a baby away from all my friends and family...

and two week ago I was complaining about a pain that migrated a bit and just would not go away. (And then it did, finally, after seeing the doctor and taking medicine -- but she wanted me to get X-rays and when I went to get them they asked me if I was pregnant, and emphasized it was high risk so even though I had thought I wouldn't mind taking a small risk, I chickened out and didn't do it)

And Thanksgiving I took a pregnancy test, hoping to have good news to tell everyone. Negative. Last Sunday, my husband wanted me to test again. I did. Negative. However... I was already past when I usually got my period (and even the program I was charting in, fertilityfriend, said I should get it by Monday.) So on Monday on the way home I bought another brand of tests. But then chickened out on testing.

Tuesday evening I tested. After waiting the requisite 5 minutes, I strolled over to look… and saw a cross in the appropriate window. I screamed for my husband to come look. And he did. And then he hugged me and we grinned and babbled some. :)

At first we were going to wait some time to tell people, but I warned him I couldn't keep the secret for more than about 2 weeks. and my mom called with other information and about the time we hung up my husband changed his mind and we started calling all the family, letting everyone know.

And we did the calculations for when this baby is due -- August 4/5... BEFORE we move to Texas. At which point I feel God's timing, God's blessing, God's arms around me very specially. We are going to Texas. But he still loves and takes care of me, and wants to take care of even my in particular worries about the move. So he has given us a child that will come while I am here, surrounded by friends who love me and care me -- my support system. And my parents and my sister are on board already for helping us move with an infant.

And I am just so ecstatically happy and honored to be given such a special touch of God's blessing and care for me at this time. Yes, I'm scared of what is going to happen 9 months from now. I don't even have a doctor right now! But I also know it will all be worked out somehow.

5 Comments:

Blogger NCN said...

Yay! Congratulations. Babies rock! So, if it's a boy, will it be named OBED?

12:18 PM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

On the blog, probably. :) I don't know what a girl will be. :) Maybe "Ruthie" :)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you guys, can't wait to tell Chris your exciting news. How are you feeling? Bless you through all these changes, God is good and His timing is perfect isn't it?!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Charity Grace said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a wee bit late in the day but congratulations!

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home