A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

4.01.2006

Veggietales and a quote

We're going to see Veggietales Live today!

I didn't even know it existed, but my husband saw the sale or tickets and got them for us. Cheer!

I am nearly instantly annoyed by conversations that came up about tolerance and accepting all religions, etc. (And generally going hand in hand with implications that anyone who isn't tolerant, accepting all religious beliefs as true, is a bad person.) Esp because I KNOW if I speak up I'll be considered "wrong" by the same people who extoll the virtues of "tolerance" -- the only religion not allowed is the true one (though I guess this makes sense. It is what Satan would want the attitude of the world to be. But it's still frustrating.)

But I found this quote on a mailing list I'm on, by "Pippin" that makes sense to me:

"If you've chosen your religion, or your moral philosophy, or your House, you probably do think it's better than the others. Otherwise you'd have chosen something else. A philosophy of tolerance must take this into account, or it's useless for the real world, IMO."

1 Comments:

Blogger Sprittibee said...

My kids saw them live when they were still owned by Phil V. - and they were frightened of the big stuffed veggies walking around. They were VERY young, though. I was really miffed about the forced buy-out, so we haven't bought anything since they were taken over. I bet they are still good... but my heart was hurt over it, and I really wish I could hear Phil's view before I fork over my cash.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home