A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

3.05.2006

That pizza

I've got pictures now!

First, that pizza I made today using the recipe from The Common Room. Except we ended up using bought spaghetti sauce instead of making our own. It worked fine on the pizza stone (except for making a huge mess on the counter and maybe being too small) But we discovered that it was too much like bread as a crust. So I think I'll use a Jiffy pizza dough box next time. One thing I DID realize is that this is really fast to make. Not nearly as many reason to go to Pizza Hut as I thought! Even to have pizza regularly on Sundays!

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

That looks yummy. I think I have a craving...

9:03 PM  
Blogger Headmistress, zookeeper said...

I prefer the thinner crust with this recipe because it is more bread-like. That's also why I like to bake it a bit first and then put the sauce on it. You can also sprinkle cornmeal over the pan to make the crust crisper on the bottom.

But we have other crust recipes as well, and may share those sometime.

10:13 PM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

We prefer thinner crusts at all. But the recipe we were using made a WHOLE bunch of pizza dough and I felt like (for some reason) I had to use it all.

I shouldn't have.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Donna Boucher said...

It looks beautiful.

Good for you.

I use to make pizza and have not done it in a long time. I will have to try again!

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home