A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

2.04.2006

No more tomatoes

Okay, tomatoes are just like drugs -- they get you started cheap, then after you're addicted it gets expensive fast!

I went to the gardening store and got everything needed to replant just 3 of the plants (not 5 as I originally figured because the book says 6 plants are enough for all the needs of a family of 4!, canning and everything) And I spent $75! And I should have just left it on the counter, because one can buy a LOT of tomatoes for $75 and I'm not even sure I can keep them alive here and we are CErtAINLY not going to be here long enough to use it to amortize the cost out over time!

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oh my. I've done that.

9:27 PM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

Don't worry. I'm taking it back.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Sprittibee said...

Tomatoes are great if you have neighbors to give them away to, and if you live in a tropical area that will supply you with plenty of rain (HOUSTON, TX / FLORIDA / NEW ORLEANS)... :) I love them, but I kill plants. I have an aloe on my kitchen counter given to me by a friend. Poor thing. I hope I don't kill that like the last kitchen plant. One day, I'd love to have the time, patience, and skill to garden effectively (oh, and the house and land, too!).

8:30 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Ohhh...I agree tomatoes are great for giving to neighbors. I used to have a neighbor who kept me stocked....

I might not heed your warning and start growing some of my own. Thinking about it makes me hungry. And I have absolutely lovely neighbors to share with!

5:51 PM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

Oh I'm not saying DON'T do it -- just that it isn't a good choice for me in our current circumstances.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home