A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

9.27.2005

For Kendal: Rice Casserole

I actually used this recipe quite a bit before I got married, but I have to say that it is one of my staples now that I -am- married. Since Kendal expressed interest in recipes, I decided she ought to have one of my best as well. (I got this one from a bachelorette friend. But it's sorta become one of my trademarks because I use it for new baby meals, etc so much)

Rice Casserole

2 cups uncooked rice
leftover cooked meat cut into bite-size pieces.(in a pinch, bologna and other sandwich meat works)
2 cans cream-of-something soup
frozen veggies to taste.

Make the rice up according to the directions.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together rice, meat, soup, and veggies in a 9x13 pan (I usually use my Pyrex glass dish for this)
Cook for 30 minutes to an hour. (Depending on how brown you like the tops of your rice and how long you have before having to rush it over to where dinner is.)

If you have spare shredded cheese, you might want to top with cheese after serving :)

That's it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a doll! I have already written down the recipe and am so excited to use it! :D Thanks so much! Keep those good recipes coming!

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home