A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

9.21.2005

Rita...

Rita hits a bit closer to home.

I grew up in Houston. Just earlier this year, I took my husband back and we got pictures of the house I grew up in. Hopefully it can survive this storm... But I remember during New Orleans thinking how thankful I would be if this was Houston and my house was one of those destroyed, that we'd made that trip and got those pictures this time. I almost didn't, figured I could always do it later.

It is worrisome in that my sister and her family live in a mobile home in Bryan/College Station, TX. Fairly far inland... but with how strong it is, the projections still have hurricane force winds going that far.

Thankfully, they were planning to go visit the in-laws this weekend. And they decided to pack for bug-out instead of a weekend visit. Taking both vans, valuables, etc.

It appears that people are evacuating for this storm. And so much pre-warning is nice too. (or maybe it just appears that way. After all... Wednesday-->Friday isn't really farther in advance than Saturday-->Monday.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home