A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

9.23.2005

Cook or Pack?

Maybe it's just as well I'm not pregnant yet. I'm not cut out to be a mother. I fixed dinner tonight. However, because I cooked dinner I didn't get ANY packing done. I am positive this is not supposed to be an either/or thing. Mothers can manage, somehow, to get it all done.

Anyway, the recipe I did -- the chicken part was good. But it was too salty. So I'm trying to figure out a way to modify it to not use so many purchased pieces.

Chicken Surprise

1 box Stove top stuffing mix (I used the cornbread stuff... I think it was supposed to be different because this one had no spice packet)
1 can cream of chicken soup (cream of celery, cream of broccoli...)
1 pkg boneless breast or chicken tenders (I used 1.3 lb)
Butter, just to cover bottom of baking dish
1 med. baking dish

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter bottom of dish. Place meat in dish. Cover chicken with breading mix (only. From stuffing). Make soup and add season mix to soup (from stuffing). Pour soup and season mix all over breading mix. (make sure it gets mixed together)

Cover dish. Place in oven for 45 minutes. You may remove cover 15 minutes before removing from oven.

...(OOps. I just realized I cooked for 45 minutes covered then 15 uncovered)

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Even those of us with kids have days when we don't get anything done. Don't be so hard on yourself!!

:-)

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog and your Chicken Surprise sounds really good! I wrote down the recipe to make it when I get married! ;)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

There is never a day I get it all done, and I only have the one child! Friends with more children seem to get a lot more done.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Duchess of Fife said...

I am a mom with four kids five and under. We moved a month ago and we're still neck deep in boxes. I decided to make one goal a week. The first week was to unpack my kitchen. Last week was to put all the clothes boxes in the appropriate room - not unpack them all just place them in the rooms. This week it was to unpack the bathrooms. It's Friday today and I think that's gonna have to be next week's goal as well ;)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Headmistress, zookeeper said...

Sweetheart- I don't know any woman who really gets it ALL done.
With each child I've gotten better at being organized and getting more done, so having children actually helped me. But getting everything done- no.

Even if we did get it all done, we'd only have to do it again tomorrow.=)

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home