A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

9.13.2005

Moving and Mold

So-- Boaz and I have decided to sell our place in our current (we think) high market and find a place to rent that is bigger (2-bedroom at least, to make room for "baby makes three") (And all our stuff)

Pray that I can find things to get rid of as we work on preparing for the move. NOT paying to store things that I will later get rid of is a good goal, I think... But getting rid of stuff is a lot harder.

I went out and rented a second storage unit today to hold all the stuff that we have to move out of the house in order to sell, even if we aren't going to get rid of it.

So, with the realtor coming over tomorrow to give us a first idea of what we need to fix up to give this place a real chance, tonight I decided to clean up a bit. I scrubbed down the bathroom, and discovered that nothing I can think will get the dark spots off of the linoleum :( or the "foggy" parts.

My husband, meanwhile, reorganized his dresser to make room for my stuff so I can try to get rid of my dresser. AND he pared down stuff in the closet, in the process discovering that TWO of them have what appears to be mold on them! Yikes. What does one do about mold on clothes?

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oy. I don't know about mold on clothes...I've always tossed 'em out - not even bleach works.
:-(

Where are you thinking of moving to? And is baby truly making three, or are you preparing for this?!

12:05 AM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

Of course, there is also the question of where the mold is coming from. -- The clothes are expensive so we're going to try drycleaning them and see what happens.

We are planning on moving South, but still in the area to a city beginning with R :)

To my knowledge, I'm not pregnant. But I've always thought it would be infinitely easier to make this move before I get pregnant than while pregnant :) There's a lot of work involved in packing a house stuffed with stuff up to move.

And, as I said, we also need a place to put our stuff. We have a heirloom bed we could put in the second room. (How many babies come into the world with their child bed already set up in their room? :) )

6:16 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

What a blessed little baby!

An "R" city?! Wow...my imagination is just whirring away!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home