A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.




The “what-ifs” increase exponentially when your heart is walking around outside of your body wearing Buzz Lightyear light up shoes.


Karen, maybe you were more prescient than you knew.

...I'm beginning to wonder if I am pregnant after all. Not the first time I've wondered. and certainly too soon to even buy a pregnancy test to find out. But I'm -- still. Wondering if that is what these feelings mean. Of course, it's probably just a different manifestation of "that time of month" -- but I wonder. and hope.

Those of you who have kids -- How did you tell when you were pregnant? Did you miss a period, or were there hints before?


Blogger TulipGirl said...

With my first pregnancy, my husband hugged me and it HURT. My breasts were soooo tender.

With another pregnancy, Hubby and I got into a tiff that would have usually reduced me to a mass of tears because of PMS. The tiff stayed minor and a day later I realized that it was unusual for that time of the month for me to just shrug something off. Sure enough, preggers.

2:09 PM  
Blogger MamaK said...

Funny observations, Tulipgirl! Very funny!

I get pretty tired during the day...nighttime sleeping just doesn't seem enough. For me, the "tenderness" comes really close to when I should be expecting my "dot" (as my girls call it), as opposed to a week before, during what should be PMS.

Let's see...Hmmm. If I think of anything else obvious, I'll post. But mainly, it's just a matter of waiting until you're late. Hope that's not too long off...

And I truly hope that you're pg...that would be wonderful.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Christina in GA said...

I suddenly got very hungry - a lot. And I couldn't eat my favorite Italian food. I went out for a calzone at lunch and the smell made me sick. I also got very sleepy. The following week I had a test done at the military clinic and had my pregnancy confirmed. I couldn't eat Italian food for 3 months.

3:57 PM  
Blogger blestwithsons said...

I'm with tulipgirl. My chest hurt! I was putting on the seatbelt in my car and my arm brushed my breast and Ow!

Soooo. When will we know?!!!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

With my first child I got a yeast infection-really bad one! On my way into work I took a test (not thinking I would be pregnant becasue I had already taken one the week before), since I was going to see the doctor about the infection and didn't want to get the meds that your not supposed to have when you are pregnant. Well, let's just say I was a mess at work that day, absolutely worthless!

That is usually one of my first sign unfortunately, that and I get really bad hormonal migraines the week before I miss my period, I know isn't that lovely!

9:07 AM  
Blogger My Boaz's Ruth said...

Nope. No pregnancy this month.

so -- just Yet Another Symptom.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home