A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

4.15.2008

What's to see along the way?

Pray that I will get the job in Austin.

Nonetheless, we are starting to plan for our trip to Texas. We are planning to travel South to Sacramento, then head east across the country to Texas (by way of Phoenix/Tucson, AZ)

We'll have a 1-year old with us.

Anything not to miss along the way? Suggestions greatly desired for traveling with children.

I see Joshua Tree National Park. I love Joshua Trees at christmas. Is this related?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sprittibee said...

Praying you will get your job in Austin. :) Take lots of cheerios, musical CDs, chewable toys, picture books, etc. Sing lots of children's songs together - clapping, oinking, etc. Print out some lyrics or buy one of those children's songs CDs. My son used to travel with me an hour to and from work each day in the HOV lane in the city - we sang Old McDonald all the time. He liked to get me stuck on CHICKEN! He would say chicken every time and giggle. It was so funny. Just be sure to enjoy these times... talk with him... make him part of the trip - he'll do fine!

8:42 AM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

We got 5 boxes of Cheerios recently for $5! I thought that would be way too many. Starting to wonder now. He seems to have an endless appetite and doesn't get tired of them!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home