A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

1.01.2007

Aigh!

Have you ever felt guilty because of actions you took in a DREAM?

Somehow I managed, in this dream of mine, to tell the proprietor of Engstrom family that the baby I am having is her son's. except it turned out to be the proprietor of The Common Room instead. Anyway, in my dream, I told said proprietor that I was married to their son. And indeed the first part of the dream was about getting some boy (who was supposedly the son I guess) to step up to the plate and be responsible and treat me like the wife I was, etc. And completely forgot my own dear Boaz, and that there is no other boy (I don't even know who said son is now that I am awake) and I was telling the proprietor all of this in FRONT of my husband who started making remarks in the dream that started to wake me up to the fact that I was LYING to get attention or something Or I was Crazy (since I didn't even realize I was lying when all of this started!). And at the same time causing problems with my real husband. And argh! I feel guilty and he's at work so I can not even make sure everything is still okay.

5 Comments:

Blogger . said...

This has nothing to do with your dream (btw, pg dreams really stink!) but I tagged you over on my blog!

http://featherbee.blogspot.com/2007/01/letter-f.html

5:56 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

GOOD HEAVENS!!

That is quite the dream! And featherbee is right - pregnancy dreams are so different and more vivid than non-PG ones.

May your dreams tonight be blessed,
Karen

11:32 PM  
Blogger Sprittibee said...

Yes. I actually told my husband I hated him yesterday morning (or was that today?) because he "cheated on me" in a dream. Ha! Sad how dreams can be sooo real. I actually had a dream that I turned my alarm off once and WAS late for work because of it.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Rachel Ann said...

Responding to the comment left at Chris & Jenni's: I'm glad you made it home safely in the snow. It took my sister over 7 hours to drive home yesterday! I will try to come visit your blog now that I am familiar with it! I am old church friends of Chris/Jenni and the Engstroms (I went to Tahoma Assembly for many years). I live in Puyallup currently, where are you from?

Rachel

12:52 PM  
Blogger Headmistress, zookeeper said...

Pregnant dreams have to be some of the strangest ever.
And it is very comon to dream something negative about the spouse, even when you aren't at all feeling negative wide awake.

I once fed my husband to a snake when I was pregnant with our second child. I did feel horribly ashamed and guilty- even though in my dream I did it because the snake was chasing our family and I had our toddler and was falling behind because of my encumbered state. So I grabbed my husband just as he pulled ahead of me and tossed him back to the snake and fled. And when I awoke I was just so embarrassed that I was so awful. It was days before I could quit being ashamed of myself over it.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home