A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

2.25.2006

Cinnamon Toast

I used to love cinnamon toast. We had a little yellow bear with a red top that always had cinnamon sugar in it growing up.

Then I moved up to Washington and didn't have a toaster. Even when I bought my own place, for lack of counter space, I didn't buy a toaster. I always told myself I could always make it on the stove. Or in the oven. Or something. I sometimes made grilled cheese sandwiches on the stovetop. (Very occasionally) but that's it

After I was married, and after we rented a larger apartment, with more counter space, we shelled out the $15 for a toaster. (Cheap! IT was never about the money).. And then it sat here at home for a few months... Since I didn't have the little yellow bear with the red top. I only found ONe store that sold cinnamon sugar (and not in a nicely reusable container)-- but I was pretty sure I didn't want to buy it all the time. I wanted to make my own. FINALLY I got something from Wal-mart. And found a recipe online to start with.

But now that it is FINALLY on the counter, I'm finding myself eating 2 (or 4) slices of toast everyday... Any favorite recipes for cinnamon sugar? I just read something that suggested brown sugar instead of white that I'm going to try.

1 Comments:

Blogger NCN said...

One Word: SPLENDA!
I am on weight watchers, and I use 1 packet of splenda and som cinamon...
simple, no calories, tastes (to me) just like sugar...
(I use the 40 cal. per slice bread, so 1 point for 2 pieces of cin. toast...yay!)

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home