A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

10.12.2005

Miers' Nomination -- James Dobson

I'm on the Citzenlink Alert email list from Focus on the Family and last night they sent out a transcript of Dobson's conversation on Miers. (I'm glad. When I got a note that he was going to be talking about what he knew about Miers, and it went all over the media as suspicion, I wanted to hear the radio show but hadn't gotten around to doing it yet. (His radio shows are on the net so they can be listened to on your own time, not just when they are on the radio. That's what I generally do for Adventures in Odyssey.) But transcripts are better :)

Anyway, the information Mr. Dobson had was interesting partly because it confirmed a suspicion I had. Right before the Miers nomination came out, it was flying over the net that Patricia Owen had removed her name from the list. Which made me wonder if she wasn't the only one. "Some of the other candidates who had been on that short list, and that many conservatives are now upset about were highly qualified individuals that had been passed over. Well, what Karl told me is that some of those individuals took themselves off that list and they would not allow their names to be considered, because the process has become so vicious and so vitriolic and so bitter, that they didn't want to subject themselves or the members of their families to it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home