A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

11.13.2009

A Toy I do not know its name

This week's Toy my son actually plays with is a little odd. I don't know what it is, exactly. I just know how my son is playing with it.

I'll include pictures as I go. If you know what it is, speak up! He's had SO much fun with it I'd like to get the "next step up" (Do you have an idea what this might be?). It's a combination activity cube/shape sorter/building toy.

Brio name

All doors closed

A different side, all doors closed

A look inside at the shape pieces

Underneath the building "blocks"

I bought this at a garage sale shortly after his first birthday and it can enthrall him for quite a bit of time. He opens and shuts the doors, puts the shapes through the sorter at the top. "Builds" on top with those two roof pieces, has me stack the shapes together and then tries to put them in the top (pretty much as you see it there)

The shapes also make noises when you shake them -- they have something inside. There's a "wand" somewhere to make noises on the xylophone part, but its put away and he rarely used it for its intended purposes anyway. he loves to open and shut the doors and put things inside, especially.

but i have no idea what the toy is, other than that it is made by "Brio" (who I thought made only wood stuff? This is plastic) It's a great size for an activity cube because he can hold it in his lap, take it with him, etc. MUCH smaller than the typical activity cubes I see in the store.

This was an idea toy to take to bible studies when I was trying to keep him quiet -- except that the toy itself is not that quiet. When the shape falls through the hole onto the plastic floor, it sounds very loud

Anyways, here's one toy that is not being put away this Christmas because it still gets enough use to justify its space.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

How fun! Some of the best toys seem to come from garage sales, don't they?

7:03 AM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

I've had some bummers from garage sales too --but even those are less painful cause you didn't spend much!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home