A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

6.18.2008

A Hymn on my Mind

When peace like a river attendeth my way;
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
"It is well. It is well with my soul."


Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blesst assurance control:
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.


My sin, O the bliss of this glorious thought,
My sin, not the part, but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more!
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul!

And Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll.
The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend!
"Even so!" It is well with my soul


--It is Well with My Soul (Lyrics by Horatio Spafford)

What shall I say? In both good times and bad, God knows me, and my eternal soul is safe in His keeping. Because of that, all is well with my soul. He is greater than any trial, tribulation, or attack. And one day He will return as He left. The old heavens and earth will be destroyed and the new heavens and earth made.

The third verse, though is particularly poignant. Though a sinful man, and worthy only of damnation, He called me to Him and accepted me. Jesus Christ, who was sinless, was made sin for my sake. On my behalf he was tortured and killed, and rose again. And so because of that, God counts me as righteous.

Even so, Lord, come quickly.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen your comments or something around goodyblog or something before so I checked out your page.
Thought youd be a fellow person who has a heart for our Lord and by this blog, i know!
Such wonderful promises, truths, peace, and inspirations that hymn portrays.
I truly enjoy that song. For me its a promise I made to the Lord when I first found out I was pregnant with my son. I told him that if something happens to this baby, it will be well with my soul because God is in control.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorites too!
Official Observer

9:04 PM  
Blogger Carmichael Family said...

I love that hymn too! Just wanted to say thanks for sending the picture updates of "Obed". He is adorable!

11:20 AM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

*grins* I have more to go. Just. Having problems getting the email written, etc. Oh and getting more pictures all the time!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home