A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

9.25.2006

The Common Room: Love and Biscuits in the Time of Youth

The Common Room: Love and Biscuits in the Time of Youth

*wry* My husband is exactly the opposite.

I don't think I'd ever had homemade biscuits before I got married. But my husbands' mother's stew recipe (GOOD and fairly easy to make) is made over homemade biscuits! Aigh. The ones out of the can definitely WON't do.

So... I've learned to make biscuits. They are a HUGE mess but not nearly so hard as they seemed before I tried. And my husband richly appreciates every time I do it!

Oh and this makes me remember so many things about my Boaz that I appreciate. My husband remembers things that make me ready to throw up and accomodates for them. Like peanut butter kisses. He loves peanut butter. So do I. But the smell of it on his breath is too much for me (makes me wonder if these get worse when pregnant?) So when he's had peanut butter he'll kiss me or something. And he doesn't seem to ever forget -- I forget more than he does! And the smell of raw chicken boiling also made me nauseous once so he always cooks it with herbs, and almost always does the cooking of chicken himself so I don't have to be in the kitchen with it! And I have even told him that I think that was a one-time that day thing.

Oh Jenni! Pray for us. Two more days and I'll be able to use the first test we got from you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Headmistress, zookeeper said...

Those definitely get worse when pregnant.
My husband still won't eat certain foods around me because they made me so sick when I was pregnant.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweetie!

I'm praying for you, too.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Sending blessings to you...

Karen

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home