A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

6.21.2006

CAPELLINI WITH SAUSAGE AND SPINACH

I read the Cooking forum on GardenWeb's bulletin board. And yesterday I saw a thread called "One Pot Wonders"

So I tried this one.

It actually turned out quite good. (Better warned up than not! I was a bit nervous because of the bit about adding the cream right before serving.) It took me longer than 15 minutes to cut stuff up -- but I'm slow that way. Next time, I want to try creating the chicken brother other than buying a box of it. Maybe from that jar concentrated broth.

CAPELLINI WITH SAUSAGE AND SPINACH
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 10-13 minutes

2 teaspoons olive oil
1 pound sweet Italian sausage, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
1 large onion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
32 ounce box of Imagine Chicken Broth or Swanson's Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
8 oz. capellini or vermicelli pasta, broken in half
20 oz. bag fresh spinach, coarsely chopped or fresh baby spinach
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/3 cup heavy cream

Heat oil in a Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat, add sausage and cook 3-4 minutes, turning as it browns. Add onions and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes, until lightly browned. Add broth, cover and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add spinach and pepper and cook, stirring spinach into pasta and sauce, 2-3 minutes, until pasta is al dente and spinach is wilted. Stir in cream and serve immediately. 4-6 servings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home