A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

6.06.2006

6 June 2006 -- ie 6/6/06

6/6/2006? *shrug* Another day. Wait a few hours and either you'll get another or you won't have to wait anymore. I'm not quite sure why those who don't believe the Bible were spooked, and for those who do, and are Christians, seems they should know that the world can't end yet. Jesus hasn't returned!

So that leaves only those who believe the Bible but have not believed in Christ yet... I can see why they might be spooked because they might be left behind.

But then I always thought it a bit silly when I was a kid and my dad would end up with "$6.66" in change and the store would toss in an extra penny. The number doesn't mean anything until the tribulation. In some way, which I believe will be clear only when it no longer matters to me, it's the name of The Deceiver. Now, it's just a name.

Of course, I have my own superstitions. Carrying a cellphone on the plane, every trip I've taken since September 11. It's silly, it's SO unlikely they would try that again. Yet I can't go without it. For that matter, every takeoff (and nearly every landing) I end up spiritually prostrate in prayer asking God's blessing, that he will help us get off the ground, etc... I'm not afraid to fly. But at that small period of takeoff (and, lesser, landing) I don't understand how planes can EVER get off the ground (Or stay in the air) except for divine intervention. and always, getting in the air, there is this sickeningly lurch like thing. Before that point, I can never be certain we are okay. The engine could break, or maybe we didn't gain enough altitude -- or the drag on the wing is too high... and shortly after that lurch it suddenly feels fine. The air was made to be traveled in this way, why don't we do it more often?

But this one (because it isn't mine) seems particularly silly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home