A Dollop of Sour Cream

I'm not much into spicy food. I have recently discovered that if a meal is just a tad too spicy for me, I can put sour cream on top and make it not just palatable, but wonderful. This blog is devoted to doing the same for life.

www.flickr.com

6.15.2005

Busy-busy-busy

This week has been REALLY busy.
I got back late Saturday after spending time at Susan's house. Boaz was icing Jubilee Jumbles when I got home. On Sunday we got up, went to church, then went to training afterward and that ended up taking ALL afternoon -- certainly longer than I expected. I was going to take some of the cookies over to Susan's house. But after getting back from going out to the grocery store to get an ingredient I needed for rice casserole dinner I didn't feel like going out again.

Monday night was Mr. Boaz's birthday and we went out to P.F. Chang's with friends, and ended at the Cold Stone Creamery for desert.

Tuesday night, I ended up staying late at work struggling with figuring out why Word was changing page numbers on me between when I opened a file and went to page preview mode. Which meant I got home late, had to walk home and ended up VERY hot and flushed so after I got home I changed and stayed in front of the fan until I felt better. My husband and I talked until it was nearly time for him to go to bed. Then I needed to go back out and deliver the cookies and get wrapping paper for the gifts we had for Kendra whose wedding was today. (And of course going over to Susan's ALWAYS takes more time than I expect! We just find SO much to talk about!)

The wedding was at 5p! Luckily, it started late (though not lucky for the reason :( They never did find the wedding music) because I didn't sufficiently take traffic into account. The bride was beautiful. I still haven't found a wedding I liked better than my own -- but I wish I could have looked that pretty at my wedding. It just all went together well, and her body type was perfect for it, and her hair, and her dress was quite modest and gorgeous.

Tomorrow night I'm going over to Susan's again, to read with her kids. We're starting out with a "Textbook" with various stories about countries and fairytales around it -- it's not exactly Ambleside. But they are shorter stories and a good way to edge into things without having to commit to something longer (which means needing more time to decide WHICH thing) right off.

2 Comments:

Blogger MommyLydia said...

Yeah, well I expect your wedding wasn't just 15 months ago... I'm sure will come the day I don't remember mine either (though I'm scrapbooking pictures, etc to make sure it doesn't happen!)

yes, the WORD problem was fixed before I went home.

10:10 AM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

15 days? Yikes! That must have been very sad for you :(
Is one of the reasons you blog, to help your memory? I know that's why I like journaling of all sorts, because I thouht I had a poor memory as well (though not as bad as yours!)

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home